I am Sorry, sorry, sorry; I truly apologize to those of you who have been wondering where I was. Thanks for letting me know that you missed my posts; I’ve missed you too. Unfortunately, my internet connection has been acting funny, and most importantly, at home we are going through round #3 of a seriously annoying cold virus. Ohh, the joys of fall season…
Which brings me to the title question: What was I thinking???? Seriously, what was I thinking when I set my goals for the fall? obviously I was not thinking about all the added responsibilities/demands of this season, just to name some:
- The kids go back to school
- They need help with their homework
- I go back to work
- I go back to school
- I have to complete many readings and compose papers for class
- The kids gather many viruses at school and bring them home
- We all get sick, very sick; many times
- Karla’s asthma and allergies kick in
- There’s tons of doctor appointments to keep
- There’s also after school classes, practices, games, plays and presentations to attend
- Both of my kid’s birthdays fall in the fall 🙂
- After the time change, days get shorter and nights get longer, which pretty much dwindles my motivation to be out and about – winter blues kind of thing I gotta deal with every year.
- You get the point I’m sure.
Here’s a link to the original list of fall goals I had committed to. Apparently I was high on summer, and motivated by other life-listers’ achievements, when I created this list. I’m sure for some fellow life-listers this list would be a breeze to complete. Thing is I have to be realistic about how much I can do with my time, demands, and resources. So here’s my updated, Carola-friendly, list of goals for this season.