Bits of Info about this outing:
- McCoy Stadium is home to the minor league baseball Triple-A affiliates of the Boston Red Sox – The Pawtucket Red Sox or PawSox.
- I am anything but a baseball fanatic; actually, I don’t have a clue about baseball. But I am a Boston Red Sox fan. What can I say? I live in Red Sox Nation.
- The longest game in the history of baseball was played at McCoy.
- Obviously, McCoy Stadium is the spot to visit in the city of Pawtucket, thus I had to put it on my list in spite of my slight taste for baseball.
- I made it a family outing with my kids and two younger nephews. My nephews play baseball, and the youngest one, Alex, was all into the game.
- We had baseball game type snacks (hot dogs, doughboys and such)
- We got to meet, and take pictures with, Paws, the male PawsSox Mascot. We did not spot the female mascot; her name is Sox, of course.